Aquatic & Core Pesticide & Exam
April 7, 2015
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Location: Washington County Agriculture Center
1424 Jackson Ave. Chipley, Fl. Suite A
East Wing Conference Room
Max Total 6 Ceus in: 3 Aquatic, 3 Private Applicator Or 2 Natural Areas Weed Management Plus three Core
Agenda: CORE Training and Exam
- 7:45-8:00 — Registration and Introduction
- 8:00-9:40 Pesticide Effects on Humans and the Environment
Understanding the environmental fate of pesticides and the impact on humans enables the applicator to make the safest product selection.
- 9:40 – 10:40 Pesticide Labeling
By familiarizing themselves with pesticide labels, applicators learn how to use products in a manner that reduces the risk of harm to people and the environment.
- 10:40-11:40 CEUs Issued / Exam
- 11:40-12:30—Scheduled time for lunch break
Agenda: AQUATIC Training and Exam
- 12:30pm-1:20pm – Pond Weed ID – The first step in an integrated pest management plan is accurate identification. Participants will learn to recognize common and invasive aquatic weeds.
- 1:30pm-2:20pm – Applying Aquatic Herbicides – When applying herbicides, the law requires that the site is on the label. For application to ponds, an aquatic label is required. Being able to obtain pertinent information means applicators should have the skills to accurately read herbicide labels. Participants will learn about the appropriate management of pond weeds and how to find information on the herbicide labels.
- 2:30pm-3:20pm – Integrated Pond Management – A healthy pond has minimal weed pressure. By learning how to reduce nutrient and pesticide inputs, applicators will have fewer negative impacts on fish populations and water quality. Participants will be taught various control methods, the requirements for them and how to determine accurate capacity for chemical applications.
- 3:30-3:50pm – Grass Carp, an alternative strategy for weed management – Certain weeds can be controlled biologically, with triploid grass carp. This section will teach attendees management skills in controlling specific aquatic weed species.
- 4:00pm-5:00pm Exam
To Register Contact Matt or Cynthia at 850-638-6180 or firstname.lastname@example.org