Price Loss Coverage (PLC) and Agricultural Risk Coverage (ARC) Programs
USDA Florida Farm Service Agency (FSA) invites farmers to attend Farm Bill meetings hosted by the USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) to discuss the Price Loss Coverage (PLC) and Agricultural Risk Coverage (ARC) programs which provide revenue and price loss payments to eligible producers for the 2014 through 2018 crop years. The 2014 Farm Bill ushers in one of the most significant reforms to U.S. farm programs in decades.
These meetings will focus on PLC and ARC, which are administered by FSA. Topics include ARC PLC regulations and forms, update, election and enrollment process, as well as, signup periods and deadlines.
The first northwest Florida meeting will be held in:
- Jay, Florida on December 11th , from 6:00 to 8:00 PM at the Jay Community Center located at 5259 Booker Lane Jay, Florida 32565.
Subsequent meetings are scheduled as follows:
- December 16 @ 6:00 PM – Defuniak Springs, FL – Walton County Extension Service – 732 State Highway 83, Defuniak Springs, FL 32433
- December 18 @ 6:00 PM – Marianna, FL – Jackson County Agriculture Conference Center – 2741 Pennsylvania Ave, Suite 3 Marianna, FL 32448
The 2014 Farm Bill authorizes three FSA program election options: PLC, ARC-County (ARC-CO) and ARC-Individual (ARC-IC).
“Producers must make a one-time decision to retain or reallocate crop bases, to retain or update program payment yields and to select a coverage option for their operation for the 2014-18 crop years,” said Rick Dantzler, FSA State Executive Director.
No registration fee is required, although pre-registration is encouraged 48 hours before each meeting. The meetings are open to the public.
For more information about the meetings or to register, please contact the appropriate office :
- Jay, FL. – Escambia/Santa Rosa County FSA Office 850-623-2441 Ext 2
- Defuniak Springs, FL. – Walton County FSA Office 850-892-3712 Ext 2
- Marianna, FL. – Jackson County FSA Office 850-526-2610 Ext 2