4-H is the official youth development organization of the
University of Florida/IFAS Extension Program!
Join online @ florida.4honline.com
4Teen – a club for teens focused on community service and leadership development. Members serve as 4-H County Council.
Ages 13-18 only.
Club Leader: Julie Pigott Dillard email@example.com
Brick Bratz 4-H Club – for youth interested in creating, exploring and building with LEGO. Maximum enrollment = 20
Ages 5-10 only.
Club Leader: Renae Rountree firstname.lastname@example.org & Geoffrey Reiter
Fire Ants 4-H Club – A group for home-school students in Washington County and surrounding area.
Dues: $0 for 2016-2017
Club Leader: Lori Brooks email@example.com
Junior Gardeners 4-H Club – we’re going native with native edibles and plants. Join us learn more about Florida plants and landscaping.
Club Leader: Matt Orwat firstname.lastname@example.org
Livestock 4-H Club – for youth interested in raising livestock projects: beef, swine, rabbit & poultry.
Large animal projects – must be 8 years old by Sep. 1.
Small Animal Projects – must be 5 years old by Sep 1.
Club Leader: Heather Hayes email@example.com & Diane Webb
Sure Shots 4-H Club – Skeet and Trap – for youth interested in learning the sport and skill of skeet and trap shooting. Youth must provide their own eye and ear protection. Maximum enrollment = 20.
Must be 11 years old as of Sep. 1.
Club Leader: Gary Clark firstname.lastname@example.org
Top Knocks 4-H Club – Archery – for youth interested in learning the sport and skill of archery. Youth must provide their own archery glove, arm guard and hip quiver. Genesis Youth Bows are available for check out. Maximum enrollment = 20.
Must be 8 years old as of Sep. 1.
Club Leader: Greg Mayo text 850-703-0120
- Shooting Sports Project Guide
The UF/IFAS Extension 4-H Youth Development Program uses a
learn-by-doing approach to help youth gain the knowledge and skills they need to be responsible, productive citizens.
Each 4-H year, members experience or continue their work and learning in a 4-H project. Resources, project guides and curricula are linked below:
- Florida 4-H Projects
- Florida 4-H Approved Curriculum
- 2016-2017 Florida 4-H Events & Activities Handbook
4-H Age Divisions:
Cloverbud – 5-7 years old
Junior – 8-10 years old
Intermediate – 11-13 years old
Senior – 14-18 years old
Washington County 4-H Membership Policy:
Washington County 4-H membership is open to all youth, ages 5-18 years old as of September 1 of the current 4-H year, who reside in Washington County, Florida.
- Youth residing in the counties adjacent to Washington County (Bay, Holmes and Jackson counties) may join Washington County 4-H if, and only if, they meet the following exception:
- Youth resides in Bay, Holmes or Jackson County but is enrolled as a Washington County School District student, attends a private school in Washington County or is home-schooled.
- Out-of-county youth will be considered for membership on a case by case basis.
- It is not a given that out-of-county youth will be accepted for membership.
- Dual-county participation is not allowed in Washington County 4-H.
If a club is listed as full, don’t worry…another club can be started.
Contact email@example.com to learn how you can volunteer in a big way or a small way!